CHILD PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT.
KNOWLE WEST HEALTH ASSOCIATION.
Is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children and young people.
WE DO THIS BY;
- Recognising that all children have the right to be free from abuse.
- Ensuring that all staff and volunteers are carefully selected and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children and young people in their care.
- Responding quickly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse. And providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns they may have.
- Appointing child Protection Officers who will take specific responsibility for child protection and act as the main point of contact for parents, children and outside agencies.
- Our Child Protection Officers will be checked under the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services ).
- Ensuring access to confidential information is restricted to the Child Protection Officers or the appropriate external authorities.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of our Child Protection Policy and activities on a regular basis ( at least every year).
- Introducing new members to the KWHA projects and ensuring that parents and carers are made aware of all appropriate policies and procedures.
All KWHA staff attended Barnardo’s Child Sexual Exploitation Training on October 24th 2016.
OUR CHILD PROTECTION OFFICERS ARE;
- Graham Blacker 0117 9639569
- Rhianan Lowes 01179639569