Let’s Grow is a community food growing project occupying 1.3 acres of land on the Springfield allotments with a fantastic view over the Northern Slopes to Bedminster and the suspension bridge beyond.
Our aim is to learn to grow great tasting local fruit and vegetables and enjoy eating them together straight off the plot.
As well as our fruit and veg beds, we grow plants, herbs, make hanging baskets, all of which are for sale.
How can you fit in?
Well, none of this can happen without individuals and groups getting involved. No matter how much or how little you know about allotments and growing we’d love you to come and get involved.
Here are just some of the activities on offer:
- Free 6 week ‘Time to Grow’ courses, call or email for more details
- Thursday is our Adult Volunteering day
- Growing both traditional and unusual vegetables
- Helping to grow and develop our orchard
- Growing and seed planting in our poly tunnel
- Building sheds, raised beds, outdoor kitchen/classroom and other woodwork and construction activities
- Outdoor cookery sessions
- Gardening courses
- Develop a children’s play space and picnic area
- Developing our pond and wildlife area
- Become part of the allotment steering group
If you would like to become involved and find out more contact our allotment team at
email@example.com or 0117 9639569.
You can also visit our open session on Wednesday mornings;
Knowle West Health Associations let’s Grow Community Allotment has been awarded the RHS It’s Your Neighbourhood Award and a Community Achievement Award from the Bristol City Council for its continued effort in engaging local people with its community allotment project.