Click the link to see our allotment. It gives a great feel for what we’re all about;
Let’s Grow is a community food growing project occupying 1.3 acres of land on the Springfield allotments with a fantastic view over the Northern Slopes to Bedminster and the suspension bridge beyond.
Our aim is to learn to grow great tasting local fruit and vegetables and enjoy eating them together straight off the plot. A lot of the produce goes to our community kitchen where our groups learn to cook and enjoy healthy food.
- Traditional and unusual vegetables
- Orchard of apples, pears and damsons
- Giant poly tunnels for seed planting and growing
- Pizza Oven
- Children’s play space and picnic area
- Pond and wildlife area
- Tea shed and office
What goes on?
- Plot to plate events- keep an eye on our Events page
- Gardening courses
- Local Community Group sessions
- Adult Volunteering
- Produce Sales
- Tuesday is Open Doors day (11-1.30) Feel free to call in and buy fresh produce or just come and enjoy the space (If the gate’s open just call in or call our gardener, Fleur, for access on 07940 954568)
If you would like to become involved please contact us to discuss volnteering opportunities by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 0117 963 9569.
If you would like to drop by and visit the site on a Tuesday, access via the metal gates on Andover Road or call 07940 954568. The address is;
Knowle West Health Associations let’s Grow Community Allotment has been awarded the RHS It’s Your Neighbourhood Award and a Community Achievement Award from the Bristol City Council for its continued effort in engaging local people with its community allotment project.