We are currently recruiting for a Community Cookery Tutor- Planning and Delivery (Maternity cover) and for a ‘Let’s Grow’ Community Gardener. See VOSCUR for full details and application pack. Links below.
Community Cooking Tutor- https://www.voscur.org/jobs/90695
Community Gardener- https://www.voscur.org/jobs/90697
Volunteering opportunities at Springfield ( Lets Grow ) community allotment!
Volunteers make a huge difference to our service. Here at the Springfield community allotment we can offer you the opportunity to get involved in activities which will make a positive difference to the people of Knowle West and the health and wellbeing of local people. We have a variety of volunteer roles available on our community allotment, ranging from digging, planting seeds, weeding, watering, garden maintenance, stewarding at community events, providing support to groups and individuals who attend workshops or courses, marketing roles and newsletter distribution.
Our Current Vacancies
Allotment Steering Group Volunteers- If you’d like to be part of our Allotment Steering Group, please contact our Allotment Coordinator Jessica Fish- firstname.lastname@example.org
Allotment Champions – Have you a few hours to spare every now and again? We are looking for people to help promote our allotment activities to community groups and the wider community. This would involve working on a casual basis. If you enjoy engaging with people, are confident at speaking and listening to others and can support aims and objectives of the community allotment then we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in any of these roles or would like to talk about other skills that you could share with us please contact our Allotment Co-ordinator Jessica Fish on email – Allotment.email@example.com or tel: Office T: 01179639569 Mobile T: 07521265868.
All applicants will be invited to attend a formal interview. Prior to being offered a position, applicants will need to undertake our volunteer induction training and a DBS check
How to Donate
Knowle West Health Association relies heavily on the goodwill of individuals and organisations through donations and volunteering to continue our work to protect, preserve and promote good health and wellbeing in Knowle West and surrounding areas.
There are a number of ways you can get involved in or raise money for KWHA:
- One-off donation
- Regular giving
- Donation in memory of a loved one
- Leaving a legacy
- Fundraising – you may be brave enough to jump out of an aeroplane, or abseil down a tall building, or you may prefer to arrange a coffee morning or sponsored walk instead. These are all ideas that can be a fun way to raise money for KWHA.
- Select www.everyclick.com/kwha as your default search engine when surfing the internet. Every click raises a small amount of money for KWHA without costing you a penny. If you download the Give as you Live application, you can raise even more funds when shopping online using the online stores you would normally choose.
- Gardening Equipment We have a food growing project and have secured 1.3 acres of land locally. We would be very grateful to anyone who can donate any gardening equipment/tools such as spades, rakes, wellington boots, and seeds in fact anything in the gardening line would be gratefully received.
- Buy fresh fruit and vegetables by either visiting our Community Allotment or at our offices on Tuesday mornings.
Thank you for your kind support.
Please contact Rhianan Lowes on 0117 9639569 or email use on firstname.lastname@example.org.